Thursday, 18 June 2009

I Double-Dog Dare You!



I double-dog dare you to climb up the ladder and run down this dock!

If you are wise, I think you would refuse to take me up on that dare. This drawing, by the way, is called "Shaky Dock"!

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the phrase "double-dog dare you". When I was growing up it was the absolute extreme dare and if you refused to accept the dare, you were truly a "chicken" (absolute coward). I remember accepting some of these extreme dares and ending up either badly bruised or in serious trouble with my parents!





This second drawing is of a grey kitten who appears to want more food. I have called this sketch "Isn't there any more?"

I am such a cat lover. I enjoy dogs and like having them around, but for me dogs are meant to live in a house with a yard -- or even better, a nearby field or woods. I had never seen anyone walking a dog on a leash until I came to Canada. Growing up out in the countryside in Alabama, everyone had a dog or dogs but they ran loose and came and went as they chose to.

But the only animal that was sometimes able to sneak into the house were the cats. I have always admired their tenacity among other characteristics!

Well, enough about that. I am going to start showing you the draft drawings of the 13th, 14th and 15th icons of the Way of the Cross. These are truly my concepts -- especially 14 and 15 -- so I am hoping for a lot of feedback from you folks about whether I need to change them or not. Please give me your opinions when I show you the first one in Saturday's posting.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: