Friday, 26 June 2009

A Revision and A House



I met my dear friend A. for lunch today and, as always, she had a really good suggestion to make about Station Fourteen.

She talked about the possibility of making the lighting of the tomb a bit more realistic -- I have been working on since I arrived back home.

It is very difficult to do with the limited tools of my software. What I really need to be able to do is have the light coming directly from the opening and slanting across the face and upper body -- however, I cannot make my colour anything but solid. If I could make it translucent as I could with oils, I know exactly what I would do, but sadly this is my best effort so far. I will continue to look at it and consider how else I might change it, but for the time being, this is it.

Remember, if you have any suggestions, I would really appreciate them. This was only a small suggestion but it turned out to be just what I needed to hear. You can do the same.



This next drawing is a solitary house somewhere along the coast of Newfoundland/Labrador (some place I have always wanted to visit but never got around to it).

I was attracted to this drawing because of the snug looking house -- maybe a good place to spend a summer -- and the wind-blown tree in the front yard. It is really just a house and a tree and some land and some water, but it appeals to my artist's heart.

Meanwhile, we continue with our strike of city workers which means that the garbage is piling up all around the city. Fortunately, our building has a private service. Garbage strikes are definitely something that should happen in the winter! Phew!

May peace be with you all.

No comments: