Saturday, 4 July 2009

Flowers and Another Seacoast


Well, here I am again -- attempting to get back on schedule. Hopefully, you have all read the information about THE book which I posted yesterday and are making plans to purchase your own copy!

Tonight I will be showing you a few of the many drawings that got missed during all the weeks of working on the Stations. These were mainly done for relaxation between revising the icons.

The first one (above) is called a Japanese Anemone. I have never seen this flower before and I really find it quite lovely. I would love to meet it in person!



This second flower drawing was made working with a photograph from an Hawaiian calendar. The flowers are called Redlehua which maybe should be written Red Lehua. The lehua part sounds rather Hawaiian, I think. Anyway, I have never met these flowers in person either. I wonder if they are soft or hard to the touch?



Finally, I did a drawing of the coastal area somewhere along the coast of Saint-Pierre and Miquelon, France.

I love all the greys accented with red while the fog rolls in. I can almost hear the seagulls crying out, unseen, in the foggy sky.

Meanwhile, my eye seems to be healing nicely. My vision improves a bit every day. I am expecting a great deal of improvement when I have the suture removed on Thursday. I really am starting to believe that I might actually not need glasses anymore! Won't that be grand?!

Remember, if you want a book, let me know as soon as you can as I am trying to have 10 requests before I order since I get a discount for every 10 or more I order at one time.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: