Friday, 24 July 2009

More Flowers


Tonight's first flower is named "Sharp-Lobed Hepatica".

This flower is commonly found growing wild in the northeastern part of the U.S. and into southern Ontario and likes to grow in rich soil in shady areas. It comes in two varieties: sharp-lobed and round-lobed. If you look closely at he drawing above, you will see that the petals come to sharp points which means this is the sharp-lobed variety.

The flowers are found in colours of white, pink and blue or combinations thereof. The plant is also called "Liverleaf" because of the shape of the leaves. The leaves are not visible in my drawing as they are found at the base of the stems and I have ground cover where the leaves would be. Interestingly, this plant is a member of the Buttercup family.



This next drawing is called "Kerria japonica".

This is a popular garden flower also known as "Japanese Yellow Rose". It doesn't really look like a rose to me, but who am I to argue with the experts. I must admit, though, that the leaves look rather like the leaves on rose stems.

I am really tired tonight. I tried to walk too much today and I am paying for it now. I need to remember to pace myself or else I will end up back in the wheelchair again! Fortunately, tomorrow is Saturday and I have no appointments. Plus it is supposed to rain off and on all day -- so miz k.d. and I have made plans to rest. I hope all of you have pleasant plans for weekend as well.

Peace be with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sallie,
Today for the first time in many weeks I found time to read, study and throughly enjoy your blog. I found both your writings and your art to be delightful, just as I had previously.

I wish to sincerely thank you for your mention of my wife's health problems and your requests for prayer for her. She and I both thank you and everyone who read your blog and offered their prayers.

Hylott

kanishk said...

informative blog.



Work from home