Sunday, 12 July 2009

More of the Same

Well, today you are looking at more of the same -- more drawings of some of my favourite subjects. I hope you don't mind.

At the moment, my thoughts are busily assembling a possible new project that might include both icons and other drawings. I am still getting it put together in my mind but as soon as there is anything definite, I will tell you more.

Meanwhile, the first drawing, above, is obviously of another butterfly on flowers. This time it is a "Swallowtail on Foxglove". I often wonder about bees and butterflies feeding on plants that can kill us. Foxglove, while it is truly a beautiful plant, can be very dangerous to humans, especially children, as it contains a basic ingredient for Digitalis -- the heart drug. I wonder what feeding on it does to butterflies...





This second drawing is of another musical kitty. Remember, last week or so I showed you a sleeping kitty on a guitar. Well, this one is sleeping on a piano keyboard -- I wonder if it will learn to play the piano by osmosis?!!

What a sweet looking kitty. It is a very good thing that I don't work at a humane shelter. If I did, I would be bringing home every hard-to-adopt cat in the place. I would become one of those crazy cat ladies. I wonder how upset miz k.d. would be if I brought another cat home? I think I would be in big trouble!

This week should be a bit quieter than last week. I am taking a rest from medical appointments and staying closer to home. The temperature is supposed to be a bit below normal with a few rainy days thrown in which sounds fine to me.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: