Sunday, 26 July 2009

Odds and Ends


Well, odds and ends it is. Although this first drawing is one of two I have been working on of Flame Azaleas -- so it is neither odd nor the end of something. However, the title seems to fit my mood this evening so I will use it anyway! But back to the drawing...

This drawing is of the white variety of the Flame Azalea. As you may be aware, these beautiful flowers are found in shades of white, rose, orange and combinations thereof. As I mentioned above, I am presently finishing up another drawing of these azaleas, but this time in the "flaming" pink shade.

These flowers are found growing wild in the southern Appalachians and when they are fully in bloom, the sight is truly breathtaking. Interestingly, they are members of the Rhododendron family.



This next drawing is one I had almost forgotten I had drawn. It is simply titled "Girl with a Horse".

You know that I will take any excuse to draw all or part of a horse! I need all the practise I can get in my ongoing efforts to finally do a drawing of a horse that I am satisfied with.

I don't know how it is where you live, but those of us in Toronto are about as waterlogged as you can get! We have had one thunderstorm after another recently and there is no sign that they will be stopping any time soon. Also, as you would expect, the temperature remains below normal. Occasionally the sun comes out for a while and things feel hot and humid, but then here comes the dark clouds again. Western Canada seems to be turning into a semi-desert while we are in danger of becoming a tropical rain forest!

Oh, well, I have my eye on a big plastic washtub in case the water level reaches the 2nd floor and miz k.d. and I have to set sail. Meanwhile, I will continue seeking to grow in faith, adding art work to my blog, working on my books and spending time with my friends on the Internet and in person -- all the wonderful blessings of my life.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: