Friday, 7 August 2009

Where's aechmea pineliana?


You will have to wait a moment before finding the answer to the question posed in the title of this post because first I want to show you this drawing of the "Wild Rose".

Wild roses are found in many parts of the world and there are numerous varieties. It is certainly found in Canada and is, in fact, the provincial flower of the Province of Alberta.

The colour of the flowers varies from soft pink to purple. They tend to be very prickly. I did not make my drawing of leaves and stems look particularly prickly and this is something I may change before I consider the drawing finished.



Now I will answer the question posed in the title of this post.

"Aechmea pineliana" is found throughout South America. A stunning variety with purple leaves is found in Brazil. It is actually a member of the Family Bromeliaceae. If the Family name looks familiar, it is because the name is from the same root as the popular North American house plant, the Bromeliad -- a plant I did a drawing of just a few months ago. Remember this:


I hope you are not getting too bored with drawings of flowers. I am trying to come up with a new project that will require me to create new icons, but so far I am still waiting for inspiration. I am sure it will come in time.

May peace be with you all.


No comments: