Saturday, 26 September 2009

Christmas Already?!




It is really difficult for me to believe that it is that time of year again -- no, not Christmas, but the end of September -- which is when I start thinking about drawing a new icon for my Christmas cards.

I have been working on the icon above for the past few weeks and this afternoon reached the point of considering it ready to post. It is not finished yet, but all the space has been filled -- which is the first step!

I am already thinking about changing a couple of things. For example, I am not sure if there should be just one little foot sticking out from under Jesus' gown or two. Maybe there shouldn't be any. I will have to see how I feel about this over time.

As well, I have Joseph's coat half on and half off with the off side draped over his left arm. Do I want to put his coat on completely, take it off completely or what. This, too, bears more consideration.

Also, I am not sure that I am pleased about the background colours. I will have to consider this further as well.

So, as you can see, when I call something a "first draft", I really mean it. However, since I have started working on it this early, I am sure I will have it completed in time to make my Christmas cards.

By the way, I am calling this icon "Christ, the Light of the World".

Meanwhile, I continue with my usual activities. I am still working on the books and attempting to get them ready for submission to some publishers by the end of the year. As well, I should have the new devotional book of the Stations of the Cross ready by November which will be just in time for you to purchase a copy or two for Christmas gifts. This time the price should be about $25 which is a lot more reasonable.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: