Friday, 4 September 2009

Creeping Unknown


Here is another trumpet flower I have drawn. Obviously, I really like them. Actually, I am very fond of all the trumpet-like blossoms from Morning Glories to Cow Itch.

This one is known as a "Trumpet Creeper" as it creeps about the tree branches. There is not a great deal more that I need to say about this drawing as I have already described similar plants back in August. I can give you the proper name for this plant which is
Campsis radicans and tell you that the Family name for it is Bignoniaceae.

I can also tell you that is grows in Ontario throughout the entire breeding season of the Ruby-Throated Hummingbird as the flowers of the Creeper are one of the favourite flowers that the Hummingbirds feed on. They, obviously, are not susceptible to the poisons contained the Trumpet Creeper "sap" like humans are.




This next drawing is of an unknown flower.

I am, therefore, calling the drawing "Unknown Purple and White".

I found the photo that I worked from on a Facebook site and there was no name given. It looks very familiar to me -- another trumpet-shaped flower -- maybe it reminds me of Morning Glories. But it is not a Morning Glory flower or leaf. If any of you gardeners out there (Hylott, I am speaking to Patsy here) have any idea about the identity of this flower, please let me know.

Meanwhile, I am really looking forward to the Labour Day weekend as I plan to get lots of extra sleep. I haven't been sleeping that well lately due to problems with my legs so I plan to take lots of naps over the next three days! I hope all of you enjoy the weekend as well. It is almost impossible to believe that the summer is basically over for another year.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: