Monday, 28 September 2009

Ron's Crabapple Blossoms




Tonight I want to share with you something that has been happening on Facebook recently.

As I told you back on September 8th, when I first posted the drawing above of crabapple blossoms and buds, this drawing was inspired by a photo taken by my cousin's husband, Ron.

Ron is one of my friends on Facebook and recently he posted the following comment along with both his photo and my drawing. I thought you might enjoy seeing what he said and a few of the comments his posting received:

Ron's comment accompanying the pictures:

Sallie Thayer, my wife Sharon’s cousin, is an artist who lives in Canada. Sallie asked if she could draw some of my photographs, and she then created the wonderful artwork shown here. She has made my original photograph look really great.

Remark #1
WOW. Both are great Ron. Her artwork has an Asian look to it when you see the larger image. What artistic style does she call this?

Remark #2
Sallie, your flowers are fabulous. I really love this one you did from Ron's crab apple photo! What a talent you are blessed with!

Remark #3
beautiful Sallie...you have such a gift

Remark #4
Very beautiful! Love the details!


Maybe I should have a contest to determine exactly what my style really is -- then I would know as well. Seriously, I was very touched by all the kind remarks.

Ron is actually posting my drawing on his website next to his photograph. I gave you the link back on September 8th when I first posted my drawing. His website is very professional since he is, in fact, a professional photographer and it is well worth taking a look at.



Impatiens Timor

Peace be with you all.


No comments: