Friday, 30 October 2009

Trees and More Trees


Well, I cannot hide from it any longer -- I have the flu. I don't know which kind of flu, but I have the usual symptoms. I have actually had it since the beginning of the week, but just kept telling myself that it was a simple, old-fashioned cold, but I could only pretend for so long.

Actually, considering all the symptoms I have, I am not feeling all that bad at the moment -- unless I try to stand up and walk around that is! No, seriously, I am feeling well enough to post this blog.

As you can see from the title, this posting is all about trees. Those of you who have been reading my blog for the past couple of years know how I feel about trees. I am literally a tree-hugger. I even talk to trees. I have drawn many trees over the years -- some good and some terrible, but the one above is a recent re-drawing of an Acacia tree which I am very fond of. It isn't great, but it pleases the artist in me. You may remember seeing this tree some months ago with a man sitting under it. I have since removed the man and re-drawn the whole scene.

The remainder of this posting consists of a few of the hundreds of photos of trees that I have collected. You do know that I collect photographs of trees, don't you? I am sure no one is surprised at that!


This first photo is of a tree in early morning. Trees and light create some of the most soul-satisfying images we humans can gaze upon. I praise God each time I see such a scene as this.


Here is an old tree in all its Autumn glory. Imagine sitting underneath this tree, leaning against the trunk and looking up. I would have to sing a hymn of praise.



Finally we have these ancient trees, part of some roadway (you can see the road at the left edge of the photo). Who knows what these trees saw when they were young. Yet, in comparison to the olive trees in the Garden of Gethsemane, several of which are 2000 years old, these trees aren't old at all.

I have lots more photos of trees I thought about posting, but I wanted to keep this short so I can get back to resting and recovering. Hopefully, I will still feel like posting on Sunday. I think I will.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: