Thursday, 26 November 2009

Another Guardian




It has been a while since I have posted an icon of any sort. However, recently I was feeling very much in need of remembering my guardian angel. So when I came across the image of one that really appealed to me, I decided to spend some time drawing my own version of it.

I must admit that I far too seldom remember my guardian angel or pray the prayer that I learned so many years ago: "Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love commits me here; ever this day be at my side, to light, to guard, to rule, to guide." So drawing icons of guardian angels is a very good way for me to be reminded of how blessed I am, how blessed we all are, to have been given a guardian angel at conception.

This icon shows the angel holding an eastern/orthodox cross in the right hand while the left hand rests on the handle of a sword. Our angels seek to lead us to God and also to fight on our behalf against all that is evil when we allow them to do so. They come from God and so, like God, will never force us to accept their help.
___________________________________________________

Today is Thanksgiving day in the U.S. I have received several "Happy Thanksgiving Day" greetings from my American friends and family members. It doesn't matter how often I tell them, they can't seem to remember that our Thanksgiving is in October! Not that it really matters all that much -- it is good to get reminders to be thankful no matter what is going on!

I am feeling really tired tonight as I had to get up very early this morning to meet a friend for coffee. I found myself falling asleep while trying to watch the evening news earlier. I hope I didn't miss anything too important. I did hear that we may have some snow flurries at the beginning of next week! Well, it will be the first days of December after all. Wow, this year has really just flown past!

May peace be with you all.

No comments: