Thursday, 24 December 2009

Christmas Eve, 2009



This picture is not my photograph nor my drawing -- the only claim I have to it, in fact, is that I came across it some weeks ago and saved it to my collection.

As most of you know, I have a deep feeling for trees and so I tend to collect photographs and drawings of ones I find particularly inspiring. Such is the case with this one. Supposedly, it is a photo of a tree at the edge of the woods with the moon resting just behind the top of the tree. The strong moonlight is enhanced by a clear atmosphere which appears to cause the bits of snow on the branches to sparkle like Christmas lights.

These days there is, of course, always the possibility that the scene has been "photo-shopped" especially considering how difficult it would be to take such a photo as this. So I am of the opinion that most probably, this is a daylight photo that has been worked on so that it now appears to have been taken at night. What do you think?

Tomorrow is Christmas Day and I hope that everyone who reads this blog will be having a wonderful Christmas with family and friends. I will be going to Mass tomorrow morning as the midnight one is just too crowded for a person in a wheelchair.

May the peace of Christmas be with you all.

2 comments:

Cliff said...

That's a beautiful picture, regardless how it was made. I'm not an artist myself, nor an art connoisseur. I just know what I like.

We had plenty of room at our Midnight Mass. A bit windy outside, though. And cold! You would not have liked that!

One of the loveliest ladies in our parish gets around in her wheelchair. Cheerleading accident. She has four nice children, she sings for Mass, and along with her whole family is quite an inspiration for me.

Merry Christmas to you!

Sallie (Sarah) said...

Thanks for the comments on the picture. I agree. We had two Masses on Christmas Eve and then Midnight Mass. I heard this morning that all three were packed to overflowing. I went to the 10 a.m. and it was also packed, but no one was standing in front of me, thanks be to God. I am glad to hear about the lady in your parish. People in wheelchairs should be just as wonderful as any other person. God loves us all.