Monday, 14 December 2009

Happy Birthday!


Sorry to be so late in posting tonight. You might have thought it was because I was busy celebrating my birthday, but, no, it was because I had to attend a deadly Annual General Meeting for my co-op. We had to approve the annual audit (after listening to it being read) and then vote for 5 new board members. I just got home a short time ago and even then I left prior to finding out who we now have on our newly constituted board. Oh, well, tomorrow is soon enough!

Anyway, I have posted a recent drawing of a magnolia tree branch. This is the type of magnolia found in the northeastern U.S. and in eastern Canada. It has sticky flower petals and not much of an odour. Unlike the kind of magnolia trees I grew up with with their large, white blossoms and a scent that is almost overpowering.




I treated this image with the same software that I continue to play with and was very pleased with the result. To me it seems that the software turns this particular image into something that looks almost like stained glass. I find it fascinating.

Anyway, I am not going to tell you all about magnolias as I think I did that some months ago when I posted a drawing of the southern type of tree. As well, I am really tired and ready to get myself organized for bed.

I have had a wonderful birthday with so many nice cards, emails and phone calls. I feel truly blessed. God is so good to me.

Peace be with you all.

No comments: