Tuesday, 22 December 2009

Spicy Jatropha!



Tonight's drawing shows a bit of a branch on a tree. One of the names for the tree is "Spicy Jatropha". The proper name for the tree is Jatropha integenima.

Jatrophas is a genus of approximately 175 succulent plants, shrubs and trees in the Family of Euphorbiaceae. The name Jatropha is derived from the Greek "iatros" which means physician and "trophe" meaning nutrition. This gives rise to another common name of "physic nut". Jatropha is native to Central America.

I tried to find out more about what Jatropha integenima is used for medicinally, but very little information is available.



Of course, I had to use my "topographic" software on the drawing to see what happened and, as usual, it created a picture with more drama than the simple original. I don't know if you noticed the comments at the end of Sunday's posting. Someone found my blog by accident and wanted to know more about the so-called topographic software I keep referring to. The topographic part of the software is just one, small portion of a much larger package. Unless you are looking in the right place, you would miss it entirely. I described the software for him and I hope he will be able to find the topographic part should he purchase it!





One last item I want to share with you tonight is the front of a Christmas card I received today. This card is from one of my foster children -- Lenny who lives in Zambia. She was just a little girl when I first became her foster parent and now she is growing into a beautiful, young lady. Inside the card she had written a Christmas message to me in English -- a language she did not know at all when we first started corresponding. I am so proud of her.

My next post will be on Christmas Eve. Until then, peace be with you.

1 comment:

Essay said...

Thank you for sharing, I like it worth reading.