Saturday, 9 January 2010

Allamanda Again



As promised, here is more of Allamanda blanchetii or Purple Allamanda.

If you missed the posting on January 7th, take a look and you will find all the particulars about this species. I won't repeat them.

This is a somewhat different kind of flower painting for me. Usually it is all about the flowers and leaves without any concern for a background. However, when working on this, I realized that the drawing of a flower and a bud was a bit too simple to suit me -- so I added a sky and fields background. Let me know what you think.

I am really tired tonight so I will be keeping this short. Although I did want to show you a photograph I came across recently in my files.

As many of you know, while giraffes are my favourite African animal, my second favourite African (and Asian) animal is the elephant. I watched a fascinating segment on 60 Minutes recently about the forest elephants. It was quite wonderful to see the elephants' social behaviour and language, but they also showed some of the elephants that had recently been slaughtered simply for their tusks. The poachers had left the bodies to rot and just chopped out the tusks. I will never understand human behaviour!

Anyway, here is the photograph which I call "A room for one, please":



May peace be with you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Sallie (Sarah) said...

I wish I knew what I was now doing differently in writing my blog that causes Anonymous to write "your older articles are not as good as your newer ones"! I know that I have gotten a lot more comfortable about what I say and how I say it, but I really thought some of those older postings were better as I shared my views on various topics -- but I guess not. I do try to keep my entries a bit shorter now... maybe that is what anonymous finds more appealing!
Sarah "Sallie"