Monday, 11 January 2010

Allamanda blanchetii the Last



Well, we are making progress... this is the last Allamanda blanchetii I will be showing you; however, this does that mean that we are finished with all the Allamandas -- just the Purple Allamandas!

This drawing, as is evident, is of buds, not-quite buds and leaves of the Purple Allamanda. There are even a few leaves of one of the weeds that is found growing in Allamanda shrubs. I don't see the drawing as something I will treasure, but I do like the profusion of leaves and buds.

By the way, did you happen to see the comments on the last two postings? They certainly made me feel very good -- especially the one from Hylott.



Now I want to show you a beautiful photograph taken by my cousin, Ron, in Tennessee -- Kingston, Tennessee to be exact.

The photograph shows a frozen surface with fast-moving water underneath. I think it is really quite good plus it also shows everyone how cold it was in East Tennessee at the end of 2009 and the beginning of 2010. And in case you are wondering, he did add a little extra blue tone to the original photograph which gives it that nice extra-cold look!

I have decided that I need a few more saints in my novena book so you should be seeing some new icons in the days ahead. Any guesses about which ones I have chosen?

I trust that everyone is praying for lots of snow in Whistler, B.C. in time for the Olympics!

Peace be with you.

No comments: