Sunday, 17 January 2010

Onion Lizards and More Cats



Zephyranthes sylvestris is native to a certain part of Brazil -- the State of Ceara.  There it is popularly known as "Onion Lizard".  I think the Latin name is much more attractive even if I can barely pronounce it!

The Family of the Genus Zephyranthes is Amaryllidaceae.  This is the same family as all the Amaryllis plants.  There is very little information on this attractive little flower -- probably because it appears to be found in such a small geographic area.  It is a tiny plant as its mature height is only 10 inches (25 cm) while the diameter of the flower is only about 2 inches (5 cm).  It likes warm temperatures and a semi-arid climate -- which it evidently has in the State of Ceara in Brazil.    


 

As usual, I have made a "topographic" version of my drawing.  I find it interesting and bit more attractive than the one I showed you in the previous posting.  


 

And for tonight's photo, I find this one quite amusing.  In fact, I chuckle every time I look at it.  I think I know exactly what the pigeon is saying to those cats and I am sure you do as well.  It is unmistakeable -- body language says it all.  My name for this photo is "K.M.A."  I am sure you can figure out what the letters stand for! 

Sorry this posting is so late tonight, but Google has given me a new toolbar to work with and it has taken me a while to figure everything out.  Speaking of Google, you may have noticed all the additional ads next to the posting.  This is because I have now given them permission to post ads to the side and bottom of each new posting.  I am hoping that eventually I may earn a little money from doing this.  All you need to do is to occasionally click on one of the ads.  You don't even need to spend time looking at the site you connect to for, as I understand it, I get credit for every time someone clicks on an advertised link.  Thanks in advance.


May peace be with you all.


No comments: