Saturday, 6 March 2010

Various Flowerings

 

Tonight I want to show you various drawings of flowers -- types of flowers that I have drawn and discussed previously.

This first drawing is of water lilies and leaves reflected in water. 


  

This second drawing is of one of my most favourite flowers -- Calla Lilies.  If you are a regular reader of my blog, you know that I have done a number of drawings of them. I would actually have my home full of them if I could keep them alive!  Every time I give into temptation and purchase healthy Calla Lilies, they quickly weaken and stop growing.  If any of you have any suggestions about how I might keep them healthy, please pass them along.



 

This third drawing is actually of a flower I haven't tried drawing previously.  This flower is called Crocus Biflorus isauricus which is a subspecies in the huge Crocus tribe. This flower is native to southern Turkey. 

Another member of the Crocus tribe I talked about recently was Sativa -- the variety of Crocus that gives us the wonderful spice, Saffron.


__________________________
Now, turning to the subject of kittens and cats, things did not work out as I was hoping.  


The kitten I was hoping to adopt did not come through the spaying surgery very well and, in fact, may not recover due to an underlying condition that became evident during surgery.  So, I am back to considering a certain pair of twins that are still waiting for adoption.  The decision will be made on Monday.  So, by the time I am ready to write in my blog on Monday evening, I should have some news for you.


May peace be with us all.

No comments: