Thursday, 22 April 2010

Bouvardia 'Royal Daphne'


Bouvardia 'Royal Daphne' is probably a hybrid of the genus, Bouvardia.  The approximately 30 species in the genus, Bouvardia belong to the Family, Rubiaceae.

As you may recall me telling you back on March 8th, Bouvardia was named after Charles Bouvard, the personal physician to Louis XIII and the superintendent of the Royal Gardens in Paris.  The star-like flowers grow in clusters on thin, branching stems, like small flower bouquets in soft shades of pink, white, yellow, salmon and red.  With a delicate scent and "feminine"  appearance, in the language of flowers, Bouvardia represent enthusiasm.

This is not an especially appealing flower, but I find the construction of the flowers and leaves to be very appealing, especially the leaves.
_________________________
Now, before I show you the funny photos for tonight, I want to introduce you to a real pig named Charlotte.  This one is not a movie star, but in my opinion should be.  So, now, meet Charlotte. 



Next are two bird photos -- both quite excellent photographs -- to which I have added my attempt at funny captions.  I hope they will, at least, make you smile!




"And where were you last night?"




"Are we there yet?"

____________________________
I know this is a short posting, but I am tired tonight.  Suki had us up early this morning!

May peace be with you all.

No comments: