Saturday, 10 April 2010

Osteospermum of Reflection


Yikes!  I almost forgot about posting tonight.  It's late, but here I am.

My drawing tonight is rather unusual in appearance and the style is even a bit different.  It is a member of the genus Osteospermum -- the South African daisy.  This variety is called the "spooned" type -- for obvious reasons. 

You may recall that I did a couple of postings on these flowers a number of months ago and that one variety had these tubular-type petals.  If you are interested in getting the full information, then go back to the postings of October, 2009.




The photos I want to show you tonight are of lions.  This first one appears to be of a mother and child.  I say "appears" since I can't recall if lionesses baby-sit for each other as wolves do, so I will just make the assumption that this is a mother with her cub.

Anyway, I love pictures that show this kind of contented, trusting companionship that is rarely seen any other place than on the faces of the young of any mammal species when they are being held next to the face of a trusting parent.  I apologize for the convoluted sentence, but you know what I am trying to say.  After all, it is very late!

 




This next one shows two lions behaving in typical cat fashion and sleeping all scrunched up together.  I have never understood why cats enjoy sleeping this way, but they really like heat so this would certainly create a lot of it.

Anyway, these photos of sleeping cats make me very aware of the fact that it is time for me to get to bed.  Suki is also ready for bed and she won't settle down until I do -- so I had better get to it before she meows me to death!
May the peace of God be with you all.
 

No comments: