Saturday, 9 October 2010

Christmas Already!



You will have to excuse me for posting a new Christmas icon in early October, but I just found myself feeling "Christmasy" last month and looked around for something new to draw regarding that marvelous event.

This is just a very simple icon with only the basic elements present.  In the actual icon, the sheep on your right side is not cut in two.  What happened is that I decided to post the icon in a larger format so that you could see the details more easily.  Of course, you can always make the images as large as you want, but I think it is always nice to see the image properly the first time you look at it.  So, if you want to see the whole picture, click on the image.


This next drawing is Kalanchoe manginii.  This plant is a close relative of the Kalanchoe blossfeldiana featured in my previous posting.  If you want the details about the genus, Kalanchoe, then take a look at my posting of October 5th, 2010.

I think this is a lovely flower and, as always, I love those succulent-type leaves.  This relative of the Jade plant would no doubt require as much dusting as the Jade plant does -- all those fat, little leaves are true dust-collectors -- which is why I would rather see it in a picture than have the actual plant in my home!

______________________
These next three photos are amusing but rather frightening at the same time.  The second one, with the gull's eyes showing red, reminds me of Hitchcock's film, "The Birds"!  I know that most birds will attack if you get too close to their nests during egg-laying and chick-growing times; however, I think these particular ones just got tired of the invasion of people, especially photographers!



I would definitely not want to be attacked by an eagle.  Just look at those claws and that beak.  Yikes!



This is the one that looks like a scene from "The Birds".  I hope those poor climbers made it home OK!



Here we see a hawk attacking a professional nature photographer.  It is obviously wintertime so I wouldn't think that the hawk is protecting a nest -- but then I don't know the exact timestables for hawks and nesting.  Once again, I hope the guy made it home OK!

_______________________

I am really sleepy this Saturday morning for some reason.  It could be because this crazy cat of mine knocked my digital converter off the small table it sits on.  She did this at about 3:30 a.m.!  I have no idea how she accomplished this or why.  The object in question is heavier than she is and was sitting securely on the table.  This remains a mystery to me.  Fortunately, the converter was not damaged as it was prevented from hitting the floor by the various cords running between it and the TV.  Still, the shock of this noise roused me quickly from sleep and left me unable to return to sleep for some time!

I think it may be time for a quick nap before I head for the gym this afternoon.

May peace be with you all.

No comments: