Sunday, 24 March 2013

Palm Sunday and Donkeys


I am sorry folks, but somehow the posting I published yesterday has disappeared.  The powers that be say it isn't possible, but it happened.  I know that some of you have even already seen that post as there were 7 recorded viewers who had checked it out prior to its disappearance!  So, I am just going to publish the draft that is left which was from early yesterday morning when I stopped writing to take a break.  The story I wrote about Suki and the update about myself will just have to wait for another time.  Sorry about that.  If any of you made a copy of the Suki story or of my update, please email it to me and then I will add it, but now I simply cannot handle trying to write all of that again.  Hey, I just had a thought... in the first publishing I had some rather unkind remarks about Google -- no bad language, just grumbles.  Now I am wondering if they deleted my posting because they didn't like what I had to say!  Surely not!  Well, if this one also disappears ...
______________________________________________________________________


Palm Sunday always makes me think of donkeys!  They can be so difficult and obstinate at times and yet our Lord took a mother and her colt, who had never been ridden before, and rode through the crowds who were crowding around Him, waving palm branches and shouting Hosanna.  Personally, I consider this to be another one of His miracles!

"Jesus said:  Go into the village ahead of you and immediately you will find a donkey tied and a colt with her.  Untie them and bring them to me.... This took place to fulfill what had been spoken through the prophet, saying:  Tell the daughter of Zion, look your King is coming to you, humble and mounted on a donkey..."  Matt. 21: 2-5

The drawing above is a quick sketch I did of a donkey.  I have sketched a couple of donkeys now in preparation for trying to do an icon of Our Lady, pregnant with Jesus, riding a donkey as Joseph walks along beside her.  The drawing below by an unknown artist is one of the many pictures I have been studying as I prepare to begin work on this new icon. 


This was the first time that Jesus our Lord rode on a donkey  -- on the road to Bethlehem...
I have never seen an icon of this scene so I have to give myself lots of time to pray about each aspect of it prior to beginning.  You will know by next Advent what the results are!

____________________________________________________________________________

Below is the icon that I had planned to feature in this posting.  For those of you who are tired of the many images of Our Lady that I keep presenting you with, I apologize... but as I have said previously, I find comfort these days in working on icons of our Blessed Mother.


Icon "Our Lady of the Comforting Hands", by the hand of Sarah "Sallie" Thayer, 2013
The title I have given this icon is my own creation.  I decided to give it this name as Our Lady's hands were what I focused on while I was working and they did give me comfort -- just as I am sure they gave comfort to her little boy, Jesus.


__________________________________________________________________________

BRADEN AT PLAY

Google continues to play around with their format, etc. which continues to create problems for users such as me.  When I inserted these photos of Braden, I was given the wrong code so I cannot manipulate them at all.  Normally, I can make them the size I choose and place them where I want to on the page.  As well, I can add proper captions.  For some reason, the system stopped working when I reached this part of the page.  I plan to complain, but that doesn't help matters now!  So, I will just have to make do with what is.

By moving over to Google+ I find I am able to manipulate the photos properly so please disregard the above paragraph.

So here are three photos of Braden happily at play.  I understand he is beginning to have better sleep patterns now and, of course, getting sufficient sleep makes us all feel happier!


Braden's fantastic toy!



His mom said he was making a noise kind of like you do when you let your lips go loose and then blow!
Evidently, this is the sound that his truck is making at this point in time!




Here is sweet Braden looking almost like he is wearing a halo!




_____________________________________________________________________

May the peace of God be with us all as the Church enters into this holiest week of the Church Year.  

No comments: