Sunday, 11 August 2013

An Explanation for My Absence

"Madonna and the Child with Book", by the hand of Sarah "Sallie" Thayer, 2013

This drawing was almost finished a month or so ago, but I had been debating with myself about whether I should finish it or just let it go with all the other unfinished drawings of mine.  Well, today, even though it is still not quite finished, I am posting it as I have very little choice!  Why?

Well, things have gotten so bad for me what with changing, decreasing, increasing medications that I can no longer sit at the computer and work on anything for even a half an hour.  Instead, I end up either falling asleep inappropriately or going out walking for hours at a time trying to get my legs to settle down so that I can rest for a few hours at least.  Proper sleep has become another serious medical matter...

So what is all of this doing to my blog?  Well, I am not going to be able to continue posting for however long it takes for me to get my "legs better"!  The problems with my legs are really the most disruptive of all the issues I have at present -- although not the most painful.

So, if you receive notification of each new posting by email, then there is no need to check until you receive an email telling you that something new has been published.  For the rest of my readers, I can only suggest that you check back every so often to see what, if anything, has changed.

I am trying my best to get better and will continue to desire all your prayers and good wishes during this process.  Please God I will be able to get better and return to drawing and writing and something approaching a normal life once again.

May the peace of God be with us all.                                                                                                                                                             

No comments: